Kate Reid is a Consultant at Virtuoso Legal and provides the firm with legal advice primarily in relation to trade marks and registered designs. Kate is also our resident go to expert about agency agreements and football! As a Consultant Kate is a valued member of the Virtuoso Legal team and she is well liked for her commercial awareness and hard work. Clients like her direct, no nonsense approach to problems.
Elizabeth Ward – Principal Virtuoso Legal
Kate Reid qualified as a solicitor in 1995. She worked at Hammonds and Lupton Fawcett in Leeds prior to joining Virtuoso Legal as a consultant.
Kate holds a law degree and a post-graduate diploma in Intellectual Property Law.
Notable cases Kate has worked on:
- Antec International v AVS (patent infringement),
- Antec International v SWC (passing off),
- Scholes Windows v Magnet (design right),
- Tyco European Metal Framing v Clewer & others (design right),
- 1-800 Flowers (opposition to trade mark application),
- Bentone v EOGB (trade mark invalidity proceedings).
Kate undertakes a wide range of contentious and non-contentious work.