Yasmine Hashim – Biography
Yasmine Hashim has over 20 years’ experience advising on trade marks and other intellectual property. She is known for her exceptional breadth and depth of expertise in intellectual property. She is also praised for her personal approach and the delivery of practical solutions to meet clients’ needs.
Yasmine is a dual-qualified solicitor and European trade mark and design attorney. She also has a Postgraduate Diploma in UK and European Law of Copyright & Related Rights. Before joining Virtuoso Legal, Yasmine worked for magic circle and top City law and trade mark firms. She also has worked in industry for FTSE 100 companies in: telecommunications, pharmaceutical and other sectors.
Yasmine’s area of expertise includes devising trade mark and design global protection strategies. She is also adept at brand clearance and representing client UK/EU trade mark/design oppositions. Furthermore she has unmatched expertise across contentious proceedings before the UK IPO and EUIPO. She also regularly advises on: portfolio rationalisation, IP audits, IP/commercial contracts and IP dispute resolution.
Yasmine is a former examiner and tutor for the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys. She lectures on IP and commercial matters on the Legal Practice Course for trainee solicitors; and regularly delivers training to fellow professionals and clients. She also has a first-class degree in chemistry.
Notable and Representative Matters
- Obtained rare trade mark protection for 3D shape (HENRY vacuum cleaner) involving survey evidence and acting in contentious proceedings before UK and EU IPO and IP Enterprise Court
- Easybroker Ltd v Easygroup IP Licensing Ltd – successfully defended UK trade mark opposition
- Acted for consumer data analytics company in global re-branding strategy (including international, Madrid, EU and UK filings) and hearings before the UK IPO
- Acted for leading software company on portfolio rationalisation and numerous EU/UK oppositions
- Advised footwear company on global design protection and entitlement and acted in successful RCD invalidity dispute resulting in a £10m sale and licence back of IP
- Acting for award winning digital games designer, advising on copyright and & contract dispute & drafting & negotiating new content creation, publishing, & distribution agreements
- Responsible for UK and global trade mark clearance programme for leading management consultancy
- Albright International v Schaltbau International – RCD invalidity actions (Boards of Appeal (EUIPO) & multi-jurisdictional litigation involving trade mark, design & copyright infringement, passing- off and unfair competition
- Numatic International Ltd v Qualtex UK Ltd  EWHC 1237 (Ch) – successful passing-off action
- Acted in Nominet domain name proceedings and on-line domain name dispute resulting in successful recovery of domain names
To talk to Yasmine, or any other of our world-class solicitors – please call:
0113 237 9900